Bulgarian GERB MP Quits on Conflict of Interest Suspicions
The Member of the Parliament from Bulgaria's ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, Vyara Petrova, has resigned from her parliamentary seat Friday.
Petrova further gave up on being the coordinator of GERB's municipal branch in the town of Karnobat.
Her decision came on heels of a tipoff against her for alleged conflict of interest, submitted by the opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, with the Parliamentary Subcommittee for Corruption among Senior Officials.
According to the tipoff, she had pressured the Karnobat Labor Bureau to grant to her husband's private company free vouchers to be used for training of employees.
The GERB Executive Committee is to make a decision on Petrova's resignations after the Parliamentary Subcommittee for Conflict of Interests announces the findings of their probe.
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of State Convenes National Security Council Today
- » Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.