Mall of Sofia Opens for Business after Blaze
The fire that broke out for the second time this year at Mall of Sofia has not damaged its interior, the management announced in a press release Friday.
Only the exterior façade has burned, while the stores have not been affected and will open for business at the regular time.
There are still debris on the sidewalk, which is partially sealed.
The call to the fire department was placed around 7:15 pm Thursday and the fire was tamed slightly after 8 pm. The extinguishing effort was hurdled by the strong wind.
5 fire trucks, 40 firemen and 40 policemen took part in the operation.
There are no reports of casualties and injuries. All customers and store employees were immediately evacuated by the Mall’s security.
The causes of the fire are still being probed. The most reliable lead so far is a short circuit fault and a spark in the wiring of an outside advertisement panel, caused by the strong wind and pouring rain.
Explosives are ruled out, but arson is not.
- » Plane Crashes at Malta Airport, At Least 5 Victims Reported
- » Number of Migrants Who Left Bulgaria's Accommodation Centers Bubbles
- » 44 Ship Wrecks Explored in Bulgaria's Black Sea
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 150th Anniversary of First Railway
- » Bulgaria Owes BGN 95 M for Treatment of Bulgarian Patients in EU
- » 24-Carat Gold Stamps Displayed at Bulgaria's Bulkolekto 2016