Mall of Sofia Opens for Business after Blaze
The fire that broke out for the second time this year at Mall of Sofia has not damaged its interior, the management announced in a press release Friday.
Only the exterior fa?ade has burned, while the stores have not been affected and will open for business at the regular time.
There are still debris on the sidewalk, which is partially sealed.
The call to the fire department was placed around 7:15 pm Thursday and the fire was tamed slightly after 8 pm. The extinguishing effort was hurdled by the strong wind.
5 fire trucks, 40 firemen and 40 policemen took part in the operation.
There are no reports of casualties and injuries. All customers and store employees were immediately evacuated by the Mall’s security.
The causes of the fire are still being probed. The most reliable lead so far is a short circuit fault and a spark in the wiring of an outside advertisement panel, caused by the strong wind and pouring rain.
Explosives are ruled out, but arson is not.
- » Just 10% of Disabled in Bulgaria Employed
- » Orban Drives Out Central European University
- » Movies About Claude Mone, Picasso, Joseph Brodsky During This Year 'Master of Art' Festival
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients
- » MIHALKOVO: the Only Company For Naturally Aerated Water in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards