Bulgaria's Sofia Lights Christmas Tree
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will turn on the lights of its Christmas tree at 6:30 pm Friday with a special celebration for a fifth consecutive year.
The traditional Sofia Christmas pine tree, near the Rila Hotel in downtown Sofia, will be opened by Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
The Christmas tree ceremony will be preceded by an open concert of dance and song groups, which starts at 5 pm on the specially-constructed stage in front of the hotel.
A festive antique tram car will bring participants in the happening from around Sofia.
The festivities include the show "Fire and Lights," staged by a local amateur troupe.
- » Hip Hop, Neo Soul Diva Lauryn Hill to Perform in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan’s Heydar Aliyev Foundation Donates BGN 2.5 M for Restoration of Trapezitsa Fortress
- » Bulgaria Advertised For Illegal Grizzly Bear Hunting
- » Festival of the Arts Honors International Children's Day
- » Bulgaria's Garmen Braces for Massive anti-Roma Protest
- » State of Emergency Lifted in Bulgaria's Mezdra