Bulgaria's Sofia Lights Christmas Tree
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will turn on the lights of its Christmas tree at 6:30 pm Friday with a special celebration for a fifth consecutive year.
The traditional Sofia Christmas pine tree, near the Rila Hotel in downtown Sofia, will be opened by Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
The Christmas tree ceremony will be preceded by an open concert of dance and song groups, which starts at 5 pm on the specially-constructed stage in front of the hotel.
A festive antique tram car will bring participants in the happening from around Sofia.
The festivities include the show "Fire and Lights," staged by a local amateur troupe.
- » Damage after Harmanli Riots Reaches BGN 0.1 M
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Sofia's 1st Living Christmas Tree to Be Lit Up on Thursday
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Oblige Telecoms to Give Data on Missing Persons
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%
- » Theodore Ushev's Animation with Chance for Oscar Nominations 2017