Bulgaria's Sofia Lights Christmas Tree
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will turn on the lights of its Christmas tree at 6:30 pm Friday with a special celebration for a fifth consecutive year.
The traditional Sofia Christmas pine tree, near the Rila Hotel in downtown Sofia, will be opened by Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
The Christmas tree ceremony will be preceded by an open concert of dance and song groups, which starts at 5 pm on the specially-constructed stage in front of the hotel.
A festive antique tram car will bring participants in the happening from around Sofia.
The festivities include the show "Fire and Lights," staged by a local amateur troupe.
- » ‘Novinite’ Honored Prestigious Award at Davos Forum
- » WWF To Release Endangered Fish In Danube
- » Bulgaria's Consumer Protection Commission Bans 243 Dangerous Goods
- » Bulgarian Student Wins US Award for Skin Cancer Research
- » Number of Elderly People in Bulgaria Nearing Work Force
- » Bulgaria's Smoking Ban Debate To Be Rekindled Again