Bulgaria's First Shopping Mall on Fire Again
Fire has broken out for the second time this year at Mall of Sofia, the first ever shopping mall in Bulgaria, it emerged Thursday evening.
Fire brigades and ambulances have rushed to the scene.
It was not immediately clear whether there are casualties.
According to unconfirmed information that blaze is much more severe that the fire on the first day of the year, which started from one of the neon signs on the facade of the building on the Alexander Stamboliyski Blvd.
It broke out at 9:55 am on January 1, and it took three fire brigade units a total of 30 minutes to put it all out.
The smoke was first noticed by a police unit patrolling the downtown Sofia streets.
At the time the fire broke out there were only 10 people from the cleaning personnel inside the Mall of Sofia. Nobody was injured.
Mall of Sofia was opened in 2006.
- » Landslides Hamper Access to Bulgarian Resort in Rhodope Mountains
- » More Tickets Released Prior to The Godfather Screening
- » Bulgarian PR Expert Maxim Behar Elected Co-Chair of Davos Forum
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Foresees Possible Decrease in Number of Hospitals
- » Bulgarian Student 'Opens Fire, Wounds 4' in Odessa
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Host Prestigious Wine Contest in 2016