BGN 1 M Investment to Secure Bulgarian Citizenship
Foreign nationals would be granted Bulgarian citizenship if they invest at least BGN 1 M in a Bulgarian company that is involved in a high-priority investment project, the Parliament decided Friday.
The foreign investors in question are also required to have had a permanent residence status in the country for at least one year in order to benefit from the citizenship offer.
The companies they invest in should not be bankrupt, in ongoing bankruptcy proceedings, or in debt to the Bulgarian state or municipalities.
The amendments to the Encouragement of Investments Act were passed on second reading on Thursday.
- » Bulgarian Household Deposits Rise 7% Y/Y as of End-July 2016
- » Bulgaria's Producer Prices in Agriculture Fall 0.8% Y/Y in Q2 2016
- » Bulgaria’s Economy to Expand by 3% in 2016 - Industry Group
- » Russia Certifies Ural, Yamal to Fly to Bulgaria’s Burgas, Plovdiv from Moscow’s Zhukovsky Airport
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Increase 10% Y/Y in Q2 2016
- » Investment Funds’ Assets in Bulgaria Drop 0.8% Y/Y as of End-June 2016
Are you for real MysteryHP? In the US you can get citizenship for 500.000 US $ and it is not necessary to be an investment, you can buy a house for what they care. Lately that amount has dropped to only 350.000 Us $. So all the "junk" as you describe them will be much better off saving on money and going to the US instead of to BG (where supposedly wages are low and there is no work). Also if you prefer to be closer to Europe just make a quick check in Spain, where 150 persons are nationalized daily. Now all the for-closed flats there are going for 60'000 euros to the Chinese and guess what it took them to become a legal citizens of Spain.
I have seen a lot of negative post in forums on the net, but here the trash comments from foreign lowlifes is indeed over the limit.
Great! Now everyone in the world with 500,000 EUro in their pocket can become an EU citizen. What a joke! Bulgaria is a disgrace, with no self-respect for itself. Already we are full of religious cults (mormons, witness, harikrishna's , etc), now we will be full of fake investors.