Varna's Technical University Closed over Bomb Threat
The building of the Technical University in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Varna was temporary closed on Thursday over the latest bomb threat in the country.
The anonymous threat was received by the112 emergency hotline around noon.
Students and faculty were evacuated, local news agencies report. The building will remain closed until Friday.
The 112 hotline was inundated by similar calls recently, particularly for a number of Sofia high schools, but also for several courts in the capital.
Shopping malls have not been spared either. The Serdika Center Mall received bomb threats both on Sunday and Monday and is still closed. On Friday, another central Mall in the capital, The Mall of Sofia, received a similar threat.
Police and bomb squads have not found traces of explosives in any of these cases.
- » Bulgarian Nationalist MP Sentenced to Two Years of Probation
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 39 Irregular Migrants near Burgas
- » Bulgarian Man Detained over Arms Trafficking in Hungary
- » Ex Head of Bulgaria's Military Medical Academy Indicted
- » Sofia Court Upholds 10-Year Sentence of Ex Spy Chief
- » German Police Arrest Three Bulgarians over Bank Card Skimming