Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Prays for Maxim, Bulgaria
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev met Christian Orthodox Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew in Istanbul Thursday.
"We prayed for the soul of the late Bulgarian Patriarch Maxim. We prayed for the Bulgarian people and Church, and for the swift election of a new patriarch," said Bartholomew after the meeting.
"The Bulgarian Orthodox Church is the first spiritual sister of the Constantinople Patriarchy and has always been deep in our hearts," added he.
The Bulgarian President expressed his gratitude regarding the support his country has from Constantinople.
"Patriarch Maxim's role for the unity and vitality of the Bulgarian Church through some difficult times was tremendous," said Plevneliev.
"Bulgarian politicians have learned their lesson and the state has no intentions to meddle in the election of a new patriarch," added he.
The Bulgarian president also expressed hopes that the office of the head of the Bulgarian Church will not stay vacant for long.
As part of his visit to Istanbul, Plevneliev also visited the Bulgarian St. Stephen Church, which is currently undergoing reconstruction.
- » Bulgarian FM Mitov to Meet German Counterpart Steinmeier on Berlin Visit
- » Bulgaria President: It Is Better to Have Economic Crisis than Historic Shame
- » President to Attend Holocaust Remembrance Ceremonies in Poland, Czech Republic
- » Two Bulgarian Nationals Arrested in Libya for Alleged Smuggling
- » Bulgaria, Switzerland Shake Hands on Cooperation Agreement Worth CHF 76 M
- » Bulgaria Continues to Back Russia Sanctions despite Disadvantages for Exporters
>>>"We prayed for the soul of the late Bulgarian Patriarch Maxim. We prayed for the Bulgarian people and Church<<
You probably prayed that he go to hell and for misfortune to befall the Bulgarian people, you and your church is the enemy of our nation, even before the Turks. Always worked against us at every turn, even today.
Too bad the useless Turks didn't finish the job so we would be spared your ghost church for a ghost empire that can't get it through their thick skulls that we are never going to be Greeks. Go to the pages of history and stay there, stop making statements, useless old fool.