Coming Week to Bring First Snow to Bulgaria
The first snow in the Bulgarian lowlands for the new winter season is expected after Monday, December 3, according to the Bulgarian national weather service.
The first two days of December will be warm, but the coming week will bring clouds and colder air across the country, with temperatures significantly dropping.
Precipitation will start in the form of rain but then shift to snow in some location, said the National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology.
Highs for the coldest days next week are expected to be around zero degrees Centigrade.
For the whole month of December, the highs are expected to not cross the range of 13-18 C, and lows to be in the range -14 to -9 C.
Precipitation is expected to be higher than the average for the month.
After the first initial snowy spell, the weather is expected to calm down, with good conditions for fogs in the valleys.
The middle of the month will see dynamic weather and colder conditions again, say the Institute.
- » Bulgarian Oak Ranks High in European Tree of Year Contest
- » Bulgaria May Lose Funding Under Two Eco Projects
- » Free Public Transport Options to Be Discussed in Days - Sofia Mayor
- » Bulgaria among World's Most Toxic Countries - Study
- » Bulgaria Braces for New Cold Snap on Tuesday
- » Air Pollution Kills More Than 18 100 in Bulgaria Every Year