Bulgaria on Orange Alert over Coming Downpour
Several regions of southern and eastern Bulgaria have been placed under code orange and yellow for potentially dangerous weather Thursday.
Strong pulsating southern winds will bring clouds and significant precipitation, especially in Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Smolyan and Kardzhali regions, which are under code orange.
Due to expected rains, 14 other regions in Bulgaria's center and east have been placed under code yellow by the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The wind gusts will blow with speed up to 20 m/sec in lowlands, and are expected to reach hurricane strength on mountains, where the weather will be dangerous.
While highs for most of the country will not be over 12-14 degrees Centigrade for most parts of the countries, they are expected to reach 20-22 C in some parts.
- » Three Earthquakes Hit Northern Italy
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Mostly Cloudy and Rains Will Fall in Many Areas
- » 2.9 Earthquake on the Richter Scale is Registered Near Bansko
- » Ekathimerini: Storm System Hiits Western Greece, Causes Rock Falls
- » Bulgarian Scientists Presented New Discoveries in the Field of Organic Chemistry
- » Europeans can Watch Online the Quality of the Air they Breathe