Registry Agency Admits Blunder in Listing Property of Bulgarian Top Prosecutor Candidate
The Registry Agency in Bulgaria's second largest city of Plovdiv has declared they made a mistake in listing as donation an apartment purchased by Sotir Tsatsarov, Chairman of the Plovdiv Regional Court and candidate for Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor.
The 56-square-meter apartment in question, donated by the construction company Kalisto Mati, is located in a newly-constructed building in downtown Plovdiv, the site for investigative journalism Bivol.bg wrote last week, citing and publishing documents found with the Plovdiv Registry Agency.
One week later to the date, the same document shows that the deal was a purchase.
The Registry Agency informs they have received a letter from Tsatsarov asking them to fix the mistake, which they did, the Bulgarian Sega (Now) daily reports.
It remains unclear how such mistake was possible and the whole saga certainly raises questions about what is happening in Bulgaria's registry services.
Meanwhile, Tsatsarov is quoted saying he is not opposing preliminary probes of the property status of all candidates for the country's highest prosecutor's office.
According to another report of Bivol, his wife was implicated in tax evasion, somethnig he also firmly denied.
- » CineLibri 2016 To Present Frédéric Beigbeder,Arnon Grunberg, Catherine Bernstein, Jiri Menzel
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea
- » Bulgaria's Education System Faces Severe Cadre Crisis Due To Retirement of Teachers