Damascus Car Blasts Death Toll Climbs to 54
At least 54 people died on Wednesday and many more were injured when two bombs exploded in the south-east of the Syrian capital, Damascus, according to UK-based Syrian activists.
The death toll mounted as the day wore on, with the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights initially giving tallies of 20, and then 29 and 38.
Activists and locals have reported that most of the casualties were killed when a suicide bomber exploded the second car.
The blasts come the day after British-based Syrian activists said government fighter planes had killed "tens of people" when they bombed an olive factory in the north-west of the country.
- » "Islamic State" Terrorist Cell in St Petersburg is Destroyed
- » NASA has Discovered a Solar System with the Same Number of Planets as ours
- » EU Leaders Agree to Move to Second-Stage Brexit Talks
- » Kosovo's Bid For Council of Europe Membership in January 2018
- » Greek Gov’t Aims to Speed Up Migrant Returns to Turkey
- » The US Federal Communications Commission Repealed the Principle of Net Neutrality