New Sofia Intersection to Ease Traffic Jams
A brand new two-level intersection was officially launched Wednesday near the TV Tower in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.
The ribbon was cut by Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, and the Mayor of Sofia, Yordanka Fandakova.
"The dreams of many Sofia residents to have a subway, modern roads and parking lots are materializing now. What we built will be used by generations to come. The opposition will become nauseous when driving here," said Borisov, adding that the opening of two new roads was pending as well – one near the Military Medical Academy by the end of the year and the northern section of the beltway in the spring of 2013.
Fandkova stressed the TV Tower intersection was completed in just months and ahead of schedule.
It is expected that the new road will ease traffic congestions significantly. The value of the project is estimated at BGN 19 M.
The new road, however, stirred outrage among bicyclists, who say a bike path there has been destroyed. Fandakova pledged the path will be in place again very soon.
- » Construction of Bulgaia's Gas Link with Greece to Start End-2014
- » Audit at Power Distributor CEZ 'Showed No Lapse'
- » Bulgaria's State Railways Liabilities Down by BGN 100M – Min
- » Large Bulgarian Companies Buy Electricity from Abroad
- » Bulgaria's Largest Telecom Mtel Extends License
- » Germany Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine