Bulgaria Backs Turkey's European Integration Bid
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has declared its support for Turkey's European integration efforts during his visit to the country.
At a joint press conference, Plevneliev and his Turkish counterpart Abdullah Gul, vowed to work towards the further development of the economic ties between the two countries.
Plevneliev revealed that Gul was the first foreign President who congratulated him on winning the election in 2011.
He added that Turkey is the top tourist destination of Bulgarians, as well as the country's second largest export destination, with the trade turnover between the two states reaching EUR 3 B despite the crisis.
- » Expert Tells DW Bulgaria's Georgieva Is 'Strong Candidate' for UN Top Job
- » Iran 'Plans Rail Link with Europe via Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria President Calls on UN to Back Bokova for Top Job
- » Terrorism Shouldn't Be Accepted as 'New Normal', Bulgarian President Tells UN
- » Kristalina Georgieva Hints at Entry into UN Chief Race - AFP
- » Bulgaria To Open Consular Mission in Taraclia, Moldova