Bulgaria Backs Turkey's European Integration Bid
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has declared its support for Turkey's European integration efforts during his visit to the country.
At a joint press conference, Plevneliev and his Turkish counterpart Abdullah Gul, vowed to work towards the further development of the economic ties between the two countries.
Plevneliev revealed that Gul was the first foreign President who congratulated him on winning the election in 2011.
He added that Turkey is the top tourist destination of Bulgarians, as well as the country's second largest export destination, with the trade turnover between the two states reaching EUR 3 B despite the crisis.
- » Bulgaria Reiterates Support for Kosovo's EU Entry Bid
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Boost Parliamentary Cooperation over Schengen
- » Ukraine Embassy in Sofia Declines Comments on Pro-EU Protest
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Receives Refugee Aid from Slovakia
- » Bulgaria, Iran Hold Top Diplomatic Meeting after Key Nuclear Agreement
- » Bulgaria Welcomes Landmark Iran Deal