Bulgaria Backs Turkey's European Integration Bid
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has declared its support for Turkey's European integration efforts during his visit to the country.
At a joint press conference, Plevneliev and his Turkish counterpart Abdullah Gul, vowed to work towards the further development of the economic ties between the two countries.
Plevneliev revealed that Gul was the first foreign President who congratulated him on winning the election in 2011.
He added that Turkey is the top tourist destination of Bulgarians, as well as the country's second largest export destination, with the trade turnover between the two states reaching EUR 3 B despite the crisis.
- » Bulgarian Deputy PM Kalfin Vows Support for Business Collaboration with Russia
- » FBI's Comey Says He and Bulgaria PM Borisov 'Think Alike'
- » Azerbaijan President Arrives in Bulgaria Accompanied by Key Gov't Members
- » FBI Head James Comey to Meet Bulgaria's PM Borisov on Wednesday
- » John Kerry Notes Improvement in Bulgarian Democracy
- » Bulgaria to Back New Sanctions on Russia if Minsk Deal Fails