Sofia Man Charged with Ghastly Park Murder
Nikolay Rusinov, 36, has been officially charged with the brutal murder of 28-year-old Yana Krasteva, whose body was discovered in a popular park in Bulgaria's capital Sofia last summer.
Prosecutors have filed an indictment against Rusinov in the Sofia City Court, local media inform.
According to the prosecutors, the suspect had accomplices. However, their identities are yet to be discovered.
The prosecutors have also noted that the murder involved exceptional cruelty.
The body of 28-year-old Yana Krasteva was found in the central Borisova Gradina park in downtown Sofia on July 10 2011, approximately two days after she had been raped, bludgeoned and strangled to death.
Immediately after the murder Nikolay Rusinov reportedly left the country and hid in Turkey. He was detained later as a potential suspect.
He claimed at the time that he had met Yana one day before, the two had danced, enjoyed themselves, drank plenty of alcohol, and "had sex" near the place where she was found dead.
Authorities have established that the suspect has left unique DNA material on the body of the victim.
- » Bulgarian Woman and her Two Children were Killed in Canada
- » Young Family was Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » Armed Man Robbed a Casino in Sofia
- » 2 Men Sentenced in Germany For Art Forgery Scheme
- » Customs Detained More than 4000 False Labels of World-Famous Brands
- » Six People Died in Clashes in a Bolivian Prison