Bomb Threat Closes Sofia's Central Court Building
An anonymous phone call has been placed Tuesday on the emergency 112 hotline, alerting of a bomb at the central Court Hall in downtown Sofia.
The caller has warned about an explosive at the City Court, which is housed inside the building. Everyone has been evacuated and police and bomb squads are checking the premises.
Anonymous bomb threats have become a recent trend, pestering Bulgaria's capital.
On November 9, all Sofia Courts were closed over a bomb alert when the anonymous caller did not say which exact building it would affect.
The 112 hotline was inundated by similar calls last week, particularly for a number of Sofia high schools. They are deemed pranks, and, according to the police, teens placed them because they did not want to attend classes.
Shopping malls have not been spared either. The Serdika Center Mall received bomb threats both on Sunday and Monday and is still closed. On Friday, another central Mall in the capital, The Mall of Sofia, on Alexander Stamboliyski boulevard, received the same threat.
Police and bomb squads have not found traces of explosives in any of these cases.
- » Heavy Traffic Across Bulgaria Set to Continue on Good Friday
- » Heavy Traffic Across Bulgaria as People Embark on Trips for Easter
- » Bulgarian Media 'Partly Free' - Freedom House Report
- » Bulgaria MPs Revoke Beach Camping Ban in 2nd Reading
- » Soilwork Also Joins Kavarna Rock Fest 2016
- » Kavarna Rock Fest 2016: First 3 Bands Confirmed