Young Bulgarian Mysteriously Drowns in Car in Black Sea
Divers from Civil Defense in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna have pulled out of sea waters the body of a young man.
Varna police say the incident happened around 2:30 am Tuesday at the pier near the very trendy and expensive Rappongi bar. Someone called the emergency hotline in the wee hours informing that a white Opel automobile, which has been parked at the end of the pier, suddenly fell in the sea.
The rescue team could not immediately locate the vehicle because of the pitch dark. They were able to pull the car and the body at dawn.
Pre-legal proceedings have been launched. A coroner team has been assigned with the autopsy and of establishing if there are traces of alcohol or drugs in the victim's blood.
He has been identified only as Y.S.S., 20, from Varna.
The Rappongi bar is rumored in Varna to be owned by the mysterious group TIM, called by former US Ambassador in Sofia, James Pardew "the new leader in Bulgarian organized crime," and the "most modern form of organized crime" by investigative German journalist, Jurgen Roth.
- » Movies About Claude Mone, Picasso, Joseph Brodsky During This Year 'Master of Art' Festival
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients
- » MIHALKOVO: the Only Company For Naturally Aerated Water in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday Morning
- » Orthodox Bulgaria Celebrates Annunciation