Notorious Bulgarian Ruling Party Official Resigns
Andrey Ivanov, the Sofia regional coordinator of Bulgaria's ruling GERB party, has resigned, local media inform.
In a statement, Ivanov has claimed that he does not want "speculations" surrounding him to damage the party's image during the upcoming general elections campaign in 2013.
The resignation has been accepted by GERB leader and Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
In January 2012, Ivanov resigned as chair of the Sofia City Council amidst embezzlement allegations.
He was accused of illegally acquiring a number of properties worth a total of BGN 10 M, having excessive amounts of real estate and dealing with murky figures. He firmly denies all allegations.
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Plagued by BGN 97M Budget Gap
- » Bulgaria’s Struma, Hemus Motorways Listed as Key Priorities in Transport OP 2014-2020
- » Bulgaria’s Govt to Allocate Extra BGN 8M to Sofia Metro Line 2 Extension
- » Threat to DPS Leader's Life 'Received' During Previous Parliament
- » 3 out of 4 Senior Executives of Bulgaria's Agriculture Fund Replaced Overnight
- » Temenuzhka Yankova Appointed Deputy Chief of Bulgaria's Revenue Agency