Notorious Bulgarian Ruling Party Official Resigns
Andrey Ivanov, the Sofia regional coordinator of Bulgaria's ruling GERB party, has resigned, local media inform.
In a statement, Ivanov has claimed that he does not want "speculations" surrounding him to damage the party's image during the upcoming general elections campaign in 2013.
The resignation has been accepted by GERB leader and Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
In January 2012, Ivanov resigned as chair of the Sofia City Council amidst embezzlement allegations.
He was accused of illegally acquiring a number of properties worth a total of BGN 10 M, having excessive amounts of real estate and dealing with murky figures. He firmly denies all allegations.
- » Fire Bursts Out in Sin City Pop-Folk Disco in Sofia
- » Voting Activity in Bulgaria's Snap Elections at 25.31% at 13:00 hrs
- » Voting Process in Australia, New Zealand Now Over
- » Alpha Research: Turnout of 16% at Noon
- » 10,000 People Vote Abroad by 10 a.m. Bulgarian Time
- » Tension and Lines of People During the Election Day in Bursa