1.8-Magnitude Earthquake Registered near Bulgarian-Turkish Border
A light 1.8-magnitude earthquake was registered Monday afternoon near the Bulgarian-Turkish border, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre.
The quake was felt at 5.28 p.m.
The jolt struck at a depth of 8 km and its epicenter was 29 km southeast of Bulgaria's Elhovo and 40 km northeast of Edirne.
No damages or injured have been reported.
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » Code Red For High River Waters In Western, Central Bulgaria Issued
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » London Heathrow Cancels 10% of Flights over Hurricane Gonzalo
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos