Bulgarian Filling Stations Sold over 1.4 B Liters of Fuel in 6 Months
Filling stations in Bulgaria sold a total of over 1.4 billion liters in the period April-end-September 2012, according to the National Revenue Agency (NRA).
Diesel accounted for the largest share of total fuel sales, with 660 million liters sold in the period, followed by gasoline with 328 million liters, and LPG with nearly 315 million liters.
Methane sales in the period amounted to 141 million liters.
The data comes from the electronic level gauging systems which filling stations were required to mount by April 2, 2012, and does not include wholesale sales of liquid fuels.
According to NRA reports, fuel consumption in Bulgaria increased by 14.6 million liters, or 6.6%, in September, as compared to April, regardless of the economic conditions and price changes.
There is a clear upward trend in fuel sales in the summer months of 2012 due to the increased seasonal consumption.
Total fuel sales in April 2012, for instance, amounted to 221 million liters, compared to 256 million liters in August (up by 15.6%).
Regardless of the seasonal changes, total liquid fuel sales of filling stations went up substantially, mainly due to the reduction of grey market sales, rather than increased consumption, according to NRA experts.
NRA officials underscore that small filling stations reported a much bigger increase in sales volumes.
According to Vasil Panov, head of the Control Directorate at the NRA, the figures prove that small fuel retail sites create bigger problems.
Panov argues that the 6.6% growth points to nothing else but a reduction in grey market sales, given the current economic situation in the country.
- » Gazprom Puts Forward New South Stream Route
- » Bulgaria's NEK Repays EUR 309 M Debt to Local Unit of U.S.-based AES Corp
- » Bulgaria’s BEH Signs EUR 535 M Loan Deal to Repay Debt to Units of AES, ContourGlobal
- » Competition Regulator Carries out Inspection at OMV Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Competition Watchdog Conducts Inspections at Shell, Eko
- » Noble Globetrotter II to Start Drilling for Gas off Bulgaria’s Coast in May