Bulgarian Filling Stations Sold over 1.4 B Liters of Fuel in 6 Months
Filling stations in Bulgaria sold a total of over 1.4 billion liters in the period April-end-September 2012, according to the National Revenue Agency (NRA).
Diesel accounted for the largest share of total fuel sales, with 660 million liters sold in the period, followed by gasoline with 328 million liters, and LPG with nearly 315 million liters.
Methane sales in the period amounted to 141 million liters.
The data comes from the electronic level gauging systems which filling stations were required to mount by April 2, 2012, and does not include wholesale sales of liquid fuels.
According to NRA reports, fuel consumption in Bulgaria increased by 14.6 million liters, or 6.6%, in September, as compared to April, regardless of the economic conditions and price changes.
There is a clear upward trend in fuel sales in the summer months of 2012 due to the increased seasonal consumption.
Total fuel sales in April 2012, for instance, amounted to 221 million liters, compared to 256 million liters in August (up by 15.6%).
Regardless of the seasonal changes, total liquid fuel sales of filling stations went up substantially, mainly due to the reduction of grey market sales, rather than increased consumption, according to NRA experts.
NRA officials underscore that small filling stations reported a much bigger increase in sales volumes.
According to Vasil Panov, head of the Control Directorate at the NRA, the figures prove that small fuel retail sites create bigger problems.
Panov argues that the 6.6% growth points to nothing else but a reduction in grey market sales, given the current economic situation in the country.
- » Bulgaria Still Pinning Hopes on Gas Hub Project with Russia
- » Bulgaria 'Offers Azerbaijan Energy Cooperation Package'
- » Mining Industry Accounts for 5% of Bulgaria’s GDP – Energy Minister
- » Price of Natural Gas in Bulgaria May Drop by over 13.6% as of October
- » Watchdog OKs Agreement between Bulgaria’s National Power Co, ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP
- » Bulgarian Authorities Place Seals on 660 Tonnes of Fuel amid Filling Station Probes