Bulgarian Embassy in Belgrade Receives Bomb Threat
Bulgaria's embassy in Serbia's capital Belgrade received a bomb threat early on Sunday, according to media reports.
A man who identified himself as Boban Zdravkovic called the Bulgarian consul in Belgrade, threatening to throw a bomb at the embassy due to Bulgaria's recognition of Kosovo as an independent state, Darik radio reports, citing Serbian media.
Zdravkovic also threatened the embassies of Albania, Macedonia and the US.
Serbian police forces have launched an investigation into the case, stepping up security measures near diplomatic missions in Belgrade.
It is yet to be determined whether the man who placed the calls is a mentally unstable person or a potential terrorist.
Bulgaria recognized Kosovo several weeks after it declared indepedence in February 2008.
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan
- » 8 were Killed and 10 Injured in a Minibus Explosion in the Syrian city of Homs