Plovdiv Magistrates Outraged by Unfair Job Assessment
Sixty four magistrates from the Plovdiv Regional Court have sent an unprecedented letter to the Supreme Judicial Council, VSS, in connection with recent media publications about their work.
The judges oppose in outrage media claims that the Plovdiv Court has the strongest concentration of violations of human rights of freedom and due process, leading to the majority of cases against Bulgaria to be filed with the Strasbourg Human Rights Court due to the Plovdiv Court rules.
They further reject statements about them working in a feudal environment or in military barracks, stressing the insults stem from the procedure for the election of the country's new Chief Prosecutor.
The judges say they do not oppose the freedom of press and are not blaming the media, stressing there was one main source of such negativity – an unnamed law office in Plovdiv with "serious interests in criminal verdicts."
The authors of the letter are asking VSS to assess their work and state publically their position on the issues.
- » We Mark the Day of the Bulgarian Doctor
- » George Soros Donated USD 18 Billion to Open Society Foundations
- » Ed Sheeran Broke his Both Hands, Postponed Concerts in Asia
- » Xi Jinping: China will Fight to Stop Climate Change
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Clashes Between Police and Protesters Against Corruption in Kiev