Jol Pins Hopes on Berbatov to Lead Fulham Midfield
Fulham boss Martin Jol has once again praised Bulgarian Dimitar Berbatov, describing him as a born leader who could be the team's midfield general.
"Berbatov was unbelievable as he had to play in midfield because Bryan Ruiz wasn't there," Jol has said, referring to Berbatov's performance during Fulham's game againct Stoke.
"He can pull the strings in midfield. That's what we did in the second half," he added, as cited by The Sun.
"If Berbatov wasn't there then we're left looking a bit rigid."
The Bulgarian striker, 31, took the armband at Stoke, since Brede Hangeland was suspended, The Sun reminds.
- » Bulgaria’s Pulev to Face American Joey Abell
- » World Cup 2014 Groups Drawn
- » Bulgaria's Pulev Opponent Pulls Out of Upcoming Fight
- » Russia's Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria's Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report