Jol Pins Hopes on Berbatov to Lead Fulham Midfield
Fulham boss Martin Jol has once again praised Bulgarian Dimitar Berbatov, describing him as a born leader who could be the team's midfield general.
"Berbatov was unbelievable as he had to play in midfield because Bryan Ruiz wasn't there," Jol has said, referring to Berbatov's performance during Fulham's game againct Stoke.
"He can pull the strings in midfield. That's what we did in the second half," he added, as cited by The Sun.
"If Berbatov wasn't there then we're left looking a bit rigid."
The Bulgarian striker, 31, took the armband at Stoke, since Brede Hangeland was suspended, The Sun reminds.
- » Guinness Record Holder to Run Bulgaria's Persenk Ultramarathon 2014
- » Klitschko Training 'Like a Beast' for Match with Bulgaria's Pulev
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Poland’s Janowicz in Cincinnati Open
- » Maria Sharapova Tops World's Highest-Paid Female Athletes List Again
- » Tsonga Defeats Bulgaria's Dimitrov at Toronto Masters Semifinals
- » Bulgaria Wins Silver at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia