Bulgaria's Stefanova Storms into World Chess Championship Final
Bulgarian Antoaneta Stefanova defeated Indian Harika Dronavalli to reach the final of the Women's World Championship in Khanty-Mansiysk.
The former world champion defeated her opponent 1.5-0.5 in the semifinal.
Stefanova combined defensive moves with threats to the black king and finished the first game with a tactical blow that inevitably led to a checkmate on the 39th move.
A draw was agreed on the 36th move in the second game, which was just enough for Stefanova to advance.
The 33-year-old Bulgarian will face either Anna Ushenina of Ukraine or Ju Wenjun of China in the final that is scheduled for November 27.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beat David Goffin in Quarter-finals
- » Breaking News: Arsen Wenger is Leaving Arsenal at the End of the Season
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reached the Quarter-finals in Monte Carlo
- » Dimitrov through in Monte Carlo
- » PSG are Ligue 1 Champions!
- » Manchester City are the New Premier League Champions