Middle East Peace Prayer Held in Sofia Synagogue
A prayer for peace in the Middle East was held in the synagogue in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, the third largest synagogue in Europe.
Two prayers were said – one for Israel and one for the soldiers, local news agencies inform.
A tribute was also paid for the six Israeli nationals that were killed during the Gaza conflict over the past week.
"The Bulgarian Jewish community, which is in constant contact with Israel, feels it is necessary to express its love and sympathy for the victims of this war," Israeli Ambassador to Bulgaria Shaul Camisa-Raz has told reporters, as cited by BGNES.
The Ambassador added that the prayer was also for the injured Palestinian residents, who do not support terrorism.
A ceasefire between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas movement which governs Gaza came into effect Wednesday.
- » England-to-Turkey Flight Diverts to Sofia Due to ‘Allegedly Drunk Passenger’
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Ancient Town Hall near Petrich
- » SE Europe's Largest Observatory Facing Closure over Lack of Funding
- » Varna to Host 11th World Animated Film Festival
- » Bulgaria Gov't Mulls Changing Falcon Plane after Failure
- » Gov't Airplane Carrying PM on Board Performs Emergency Landing at Varna Airport
It seems the Bulgarian Orthodox Community and the Moslem Community should of joined together in prayer for peace and brotherhood.
What happened to the old Bulgarian tradition in UNITY.
Are we seeing a change in Bulgaria and the removal of what our parents and grandparents taught us in Bulgaria.
A point that drew my attention. "the third largest synagogue in Europe". I am curious who declared the one in Sofia as the third largest in Europe. I think the largest is Budapest, followed by Brussels and Strasbourg and Edirne as far as I know. I haven't been to the one in Sofia but it was communicated as small. Could you please share your references on how you identified the synagogue in Sofia as the third largest in Europe? Maybe in the Balkans, but Europe? I am confused...