Number of Bulgarian Tourists Sinks by 20.8% Q3 2012 Y/Y
The number of Bulgarian nationals who made tourist trips in the third quarter of 2012 was approximately 1 205 000, according to Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute.
The vast majority of them (83.2%) travelled only within the country, while 12.9% traveled only abroad and 3.9% choose both options.
Compared to the same quarter of 2011 the number of Bulgarian tourists aged 15 and older decreased by 20.8%.
A 23.5% decrease was observed in the number of the Bulgarian residents who travelled in the country , while the number of Bulgarian tourists abroad decreased by 4.2%.
- » Bulgarian Tourism Industry Feels Modestly Optimistic about Winter Season
- » Go2Balkans Conference to Look for Joint Tourism Promotion in SE Europe
- » Ukraine’s Wind Rose to Start Regular Flights from Kiev to Bulgaria’s Sofia
- » Bulgaria Aims to Boost Brand Awareness of Its Tourism Sector
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Register 10.8 % Y/Y Increase in September
- » Bulgaria to Introduce Facilitated Visa Procedure for Turkish Tourists