Number of Bulgarian Tourists Sinks by 20.8% Q3 2012 Y/Y
The number of Bulgarian nationals who made tourist trips in the third quarter of 2012 was approximately 1 205 000, according to Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute.
The vast majority of them (83.2%) travelled only within the country, while 12.9% traveled only abroad and 3.9% choose both options.
Compared to the same quarter of 2011 the number of Bulgarian tourists aged 15 and older decreased by 20.8%.
A 23.5% decrease was observed in the number of the Bulgarian residents who travelled in the country , while the number of Bulgarian tourists abroad decreased by 4.2%.
- » Prices of Visas to Bulgaria Go Up for Russian Citizens
- » Reuters: Europeans Switching to Destinations in Spain, Bulgaria Following Tunisia Terrorist Attacks
- » Bulgarians Completed More Trips Abroad in May
- » Decrease in Russian, Ukrainian Tourist Numbers at 10-20% - Bulgarian Minister
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Keep Visa Regime for Russian Nationals
- » Mass Inspections Launched Across Bulgarian Seaside Resort Venues