Number of Bulgarian Tourists Sinks by 20.8% Q3 2012 Y/Y
The number of Bulgarian nationals who made tourist trips in the third quarter of 2012 was approximately 1 205 000, according to Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute.
The vast majority of them (83.2%) travelled only within the country, while 12.9% traveled only abroad and 3.9% choose both options.
Compared to the same quarter of 2011 the number of Bulgarian tourists aged 15 and older decreased by 20.8%.
A 23.5% decrease was observed in the number of the Bulgarian residents who travelled in the country , while the number of Bulgarian tourists abroad decreased by 4.2%.
- » 8000-Year-Old Neolithic Settlement to Become New Tourist Attraction of Sofia
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Record 16.5 % Increase in July
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarians Drop 5.1% Y/Y in Q2 2015
- » Bulgaria Luring Russian Tourists with Low Prices, Eased Visa Rules
- » Black Sea Tourism Businesses Announce Major Drop in Holiday Prices
- » Bulgaria 'among Young Romanians' Most Preferred Holiday Places'