Number of Bulgarian Tourists Sinks by 20.8% Q3 2012 Y/Y
The number of Bulgarian nationals who made tourist trips in the third quarter of 2012 was approximately 1 205 000, according to Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute.
The vast majority of them (83.2%) travelled only within the country, while 12.9% traveled only abroad and 3.9% choose both options.
Compared to the same quarter of 2011 the number of Bulgarian tourists aged 15 and older decreased by 20.8%.
A 23.5% decrease was observed in the number of the Bulgarian residents who travelled in the country , while the number of Bulgarian tourists abroad decreased by 4.2%.
- » More Bulgarians Went on Business Trips, Holidays Abroad in January
- » It's Bohemian: Bulgaria's Plovdiv is Among World's Most Attractive Cities
- » Positive Results Noted for Bulgarian Tourism after PR Campaign
- » Bulgaria Expects 3-4% Increase in Tourist Numbers in 2015 Summer Season
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Attract Asian Tourists with Joint Product
- » Bulgaria to Promote Tourist Sites Via Global TV Channels