Sofia District Court Finally with Official Head
After long months of postponements, the Sofia District Court, which is the largest Court in Bulgaria, finally has a Chairman.
The interim Head of the Court, Metodi Lalov, has received a 5-year tenure term to lead the magistrates, the Bulgarian Trud (Labor) daily writes.
Lalov prevailed over his colleagues Violina Dzhizheva and Nikolay Madzharov.
The Deputy Chair of the Sofia District Court, Nikolay Madzharov, became notorious and faced disciplinary proceedings 3 years ago for organizing a "chalga" (i.e. pop folk - popular Bulgarian/Balkan music with Oriental motives) club inside the Court building.
Lalov won against Dzhidzheva at runoff.
He said his priority was to resolve the issue with the overcrowding of the District Court facility. As interim Court Head he was successful in convincing the Cabinet to give the magistrates for their use the building of the so-called Military National Palace of Culture, NDK, in downtown Sofia.
- » Hip Hop, Neo Soul Diva Lauryn Hill to Perform in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan’s Heydar Aliyev Foundation Donates BGN 2.5 M for Restoration of Trapezitsa Fortress
- » Bulgaria Advertised For Illegal Grizzly Bear Hunting
- » Festival of the Arts Honors International Children's Day
- » Bulgaria's Garmen Braces for Massive anti-Roma Protest
- » State of Emergency Lifted in Bulgaria's Mezdra