Sofia District Court Finally with Official Head
After long months of postponements, the Sofia District Court, which is the largest Court in Bulgaria, finally has a Chairman.
The interim Head of the Court, Metodi Lalov, has received a 5-year tenure term to lead the magistrates, the Bulgarian Trud (Labor) daily writes.
Lalov prevailed over his colleagues Violina Dzhizheva and Nikolay Madzharov.
The Deputy Chair of the Sofia District Court, Nikolay Madzharov, became notorious and faced disciplinary proceedings 3 years ago for organizing a "chalga" (i.e. pop folk - popular Bulgarian/Balkan music with Oriental motives) club inside the Court building.
Lalov won against Dzhidzheva at runoff.
He said his priority was to resolve the issue with the overcrowding of the District Court facility. As interim Court Head he was successful in convincing the Cabinet to give the magistrates for their use the building of the so-called Military National Palace of Culture, NDK, in downtown Sofia.
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide
- » Personality in the News Awards 2017
- » US Billionaire Philanthropist David Rockefeller Dies at 101
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017
- » Malyovitsa Hut Awarded Best Tourist Chalet of 2016