Sofia District Court Finally with Official Head
After long months of postponements, the Sofia District Court, which is the largest Court in Bulgaria, finally has a Chairman.
The interim Head of the Court, Metodi Lalov, has received a 5-year tenure term to lead the magistrates, the Bulgarian Trud (Labor) daily writes.
Lalov prevailed over his colleagues Violina Dzhizheva and Nikolay Madzharov.
The Deputy Chair of the Sofia District Court, Nikolay Madzharov, became notorious and faced disciplinary proceedings 3 years ago for organizing a "chalga" (i.e. pop folk - popular Bulgarian/Balkan music with Oriental motives) club inside the Court building.
Lalov won against Dzhidzheva at runoff.
He said his priority was to resolve the issue with the overcrowding of the District Court facility. As interim Court Head he was successful in convincing the Cabinet to give the magistrates for their use the building of the so-called Military National Palace of Culture, NDK, in downtown Sofia.
- » Seamstresses from Dupnitsa Protest Because of Unpaid Wages
- » Precipitation to Continue in most of Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures from -1°C to 4°C
- » 9 People were Injured in a Minibus and Tram Accident in Sofia
- » The People on the Road Between Shipka and Buzludja who were in Trouble are Saved
- » Sixteen People Were Injured in Train Accident in Australia
- » Blagoevgrad Municipality is in a Flu Epidemic