Bulgaria's Avramova Fails to Qualify for 100m Backstroke Finals in Chartres
Bulgarian swimmer Ekaterina Avramova failed to make it into the finals of the 100m backstroke at the European Short Course Championships in Chartres, France.
The 21-year-old swimmer swam the distance in 59.06 seconds, finishing sixth in the first semifinal.
Avramova improved her score from the heats, when she clocked 59.28 and finished 13th.
Ukraine's Darina Zevina dominated the women's 100m backstroke semifinals with 57.10 seconds.
Earlier on Thursday, Bulgaria's 24-year-old Martin Zhelev finished 23rd in the men's 200m backstroke with 1:57:43, four hundredths away from his personal best of 1:57:39 set in March.
- » Ludogorets did not Disappoint and Goes to the Next Round
- » Ludogorets Faces Jalgiris Tonight After a Loss in the First Leg in a Battle for the Champions League
- » Football Legend Francesco Totti Confirms Retirement
- » Bulgarian Defender Hristov Joins Fiorentina From Slavia Sofia
- » Record 8th Title For Federer
- » Garbine Muguruza Beats Venus Williams to Win 1st Title