Bulgaria to Slip to 51st in FIFA Ranking
Bulgaria's national football team will lose 11 spots in the FIFA/Coca Cola World Ranking, ending the year at the 51st place.
On November 14, Bulgaria lost 0:1 to Ukraine in a lackluster friendly played in Sofia, with Olexander Kucher scoring the only goal in the 33rd minute.
Bulgaria is thus expected to finish the year with a total of 585 points.
The Bulgarian national squad had an impressive start to its World Cup qualifying campaign, holding Italy to a 2:2 draw and defeating Armenia 1:0 in September in Sofia.
The Balkan underdogs then proceeded to hold Denmark and the Czech Republic to two consecutive draws in October.
- » Stoichkov Donates Ballon d'Or, Golden Shoe Replicas to CSKA Sofia Museum
- » Bulgaria's CSKA, Levski Have Last Chance to Repay Debts, Secure Licences
- » John Isner Beats Grigor Dimitrov 7-6 6-2 in Miami Masters
- » Bulgarian Declared Best Libero as Zenit Wins Volleyball Champions League
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds With Ease to Third Round in Miami
- » Bulgaria Repeats Its World Cup 2014 Qualification Performance Against Italy