Bulgaria to Slip to 51st in FIFA Ranking
Bulgaria's national football team will lose 11 spots in the FIFA/Coca Cola World Ranking, ending the year at the 51st place.
On November 14, Bulgaria lost 0:1 to Ukraine in a lackluster friendly played in Sofia, with Olexander Kucher scoring the only goal in the 33rd minute.
Bulgaria is thus expected to finish the year with a total of 585 points.
The Bulgarian national squad had an impressive start to its World Cup qualifying campaign, holding Italy to a 2:2 draw and defeating Armenia 1:0 in September in Sofia.
The Balkan underdogs then proceeded to hold Denmark and the Czech Republic to two consecutive draws in October.
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria’s Lalova-Collio Qualifies for Women’s 200m Semi-finals in Bejing