Senior Hamas Leader Urges Factions to Respect Gaza Truce
Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh has called upon all Palestinian factions to respect the truce agreement reached with Israel on Wednesday.
"I salute the resistance factions who have respected the agreement since it entered into force and I ask everyone to respect it and act accordingly," Haniyeh has declared in a Gaza City speech, as cited by NOW Lebanon.
"We in the government bear the great responsibility of protecting our people and also protecting this agreement, which the occupation has committed to," he added.
Ismail Haniyeh is a senior political leader of Hamas and one of two disputed Prime Ministers of the Palestinian National Authority,
Commenting on the truce between Israel and Hamas, Israeli PM Benyamin Netanyahu warned Thursday that his country is ready to take action if it is violated.
A ceasefire between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas movement which governs Gaza came into effect Wednesday.
- » The MEPs Saved the Döner Kebabs
- » In Greece, Refugees Moved from the Islands to the Mainland
- » Protests in Argentina Against Globalization
- » Kim Jong-un: I will Make North Korea the Most Powerful Nuclear and Military State in the World
- » Kurz Close to Forming New Austrian Right-Wing Government
- » Beijing Made Serious Warning Against a US Military Presence in Taiwan