Hamas Suffered Heavy Blow, Israel Says
The Israeli Defense Forces has dealt Hamas "an enormous blow", according to Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu.
Commenting on the truce between Israel and Hamas, Netanyahu has warned that his country is ready to take action if it is violated.
"Our goals have been achieved, and a truce is the best solution at this time," Netanyahu has said, as cited by Ynetnews.
"I would like to thank the Israeli policemen and women, as well the Home Front Command. The Israeli home front has remained calm, restrained and showed great strength," he has added.
A ceasefire between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas movement which governs Gaza came into effect Wednesday.
- » Latest Estimates Point to 800 Victims of Capsized Boat off Libyan Coast
- » Gazprom CEO to Meet Greek PM, Energy Minister in Athens
- » EU Mulls Doubling of Triton Funds – German Interior Minister
- » Four UNICEF Officers Murdered in Somalia
- » Boat Carrying 300 Migrants Issues Distress Signal, 20 Feared Dead
- » At Least Three Die in Latest Migrant Incident Off Rhodes Island