Israel Busts 55 Suspected Terrorists in West Bank
Israeli authorities have announced the arrest of 55 terror suspects in an extensive operation in the West Bank overnight.
"A total of 55 terror operatives, affiliated with various terror groups, have been detained. Among those arrested were a number of senior level operatives," the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) said in a statement Thursday.
"The IDF will continue to operate to maintain order in the area and to prevent the infiltration of terrorists into Israeli communities," the statement goes.
The widespread arrests were conducted in cooperation with the ISA, Israel Police and the Israel Border Police.
The arrests were made one day after a bomb exploded onboard a bus in central Tel Aviv, Israel's largest city, leaving more than 20 people injured.
These incidents took place as the conflict between Israeli troops and Palestinian armed groups in the Gaza Strip was raging on. The conflict ended Wednesday night with a ceasefire, Xinhua reminds.
- » Japanese PM Dissolves Parliament Ahead of Early Elections
- » Ukraine's Pro-Western Parties Sign Coalition Agreement
- » Putin Says Russia Should Prevent 'Colour Revolutions'
- » Germans Divided over Sanctions on Russia - ARD Survey
- » Shooter Wounds Three at Florida State University
- » Serbia Strikes USD 1.2 B Loan Deal With IMF