Death Toll of Syria Civil War Goes over 40,000
At least 40,000 persons have perished since the March 2011 start of unrest against the regime of President Bashar Al-Assad in Syriar.
The number of deaths in the civil war has been estimated by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and quoted by world agencies Thursday.
The Observatory's data show that this includes 28,026 "civilians," 1,379 deserters from the Syrian army, and 10,150 members of Syria's armed forces.
However, the Human Rights Observatories treats members of armed rebel militias fighting against government forces as "civilians."
- » Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
- » Putin Admits “Little Green Men” in Crimea Were Russian Troops
- » Two Thirds of Rebel Fighters In Syria Are European Citizens
- » Putin Considers Ukrainians, Russians 'Same People'
- » Separatists Reportedly Ordered Donetsk Jews to Register Or Be Deported
- » Presidential Elections Under Way in Algeria