Death Toll of Syria Civil War Goes over 40,000
At least 40,000 persons have perished since the March 2011 start of unrest against the regime of President Bashar Al-Assad in Syriar.
The number of deaths in the civil war has been estimated by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and quoted by world agencies Thursday.
The Observatory's data show that this includes 28,026 "civilians," 1,379 deserters from the Syrian army, and 10,150 members of Syria's armed forces.
However, the Human Rights Observatories treats members of armed rebel militias fighting against government forces as "civilians."
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order
- » Russian State Telecom To Launch Counterpart of Skype
- » Russia 'Offered Poland Part of Ukraine' - Former FM
- » Russia to Ban Import of Animal Fat, Meat Byproducts from EU
- » First Albanian PM Visit to Serbia in 70 Years Postponed
- » Cooling of US-Russia Relations to Last Long Time - Russian FM