Death Toll of Syria Civil War Goes over 40,000
At least 40,000 persons have perished since the March 2011 start of unrest against the regime of President Bashar Al-Assad in Syriar.
The number of deaths in the civil war has been estimated by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and quoted by world agencies Thursday.
The Observatory's data show that this includes 28,026 "civilians," 1,379 deserters from the Syrian army, and 10,150 members of Syria's armed forces.
However, the Human Rights Observatories treats members of armed rebel militias fighting against government forces as "civilians."
- » Dutch Call for Deportation of Putin's Daughter From the Netherlands
- » Missing Air Algerie Passenger Plane with 116 on Board Crashes in Niger
- » Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing
- » Taiwan Plane Crash Leaves over 40 Dead
- » Donbass Rebels 'Down Two Ukrainian Su-25 Fighters'
- » Germany Questions Appropriateness of Russia's Hosting FIFA World Cup