Death Toll of Syria Civil War Goes over 40,000
At least 40,000 persons have perished since the March 2011 start of unrest against the regime of President Bashar Al-Assad in Syriar.
The number of deaths in the civil war has been estimated by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and quoted by world agencies Thursday.
The Observatory's data show that this includes 28,026 "civilians," 1,379 deserters from the Syrian army, and 10,150 members of Syria's armed forces.
However, the Human Rights Observatories treats members of armed rebel militias fighting against government forces as "civilians."
- » Victor Ponta Set to Win First Round of Romanian Presidential Race
- » Germany Introduces Road Toll of up to EUR 130 for Foreign Drivers
- » Hungary Drops Draft Internet Tax Bill After Protests
- » Bulgaria Drops in Anti-Bribery Enforcement Ranking - Report
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y