EU Calls for Implementation of Gaza Ceasefire
EU's high officials have welcomed the ceasefire proclaimed in Gaza, saying it was "now crucial" to make sure it was implemented.
In a joint statement, European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and EU Council President Herman Van Rompuy have declared that the events of the last days stress the urgent need to move towards a two-state solution allowing both sides to live side-by-side in peace and security.
"It is now crucial to ensure its implementation and to prevent the restart of violence," the statement says.
A ceasefire between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas movement which governs Gaza came into effect Wednesday.
- » Theresa May Says UK Leaving EU Court's Jurisdiction After Brexit
- » UN Racism Committee Issues 'Warning' Over US Tensions
- » The United States is Suspending USD 300 million in Aid to Egypt
- » Warsaw Revives Call for German WWII Reparations
- » At Least 35 Died in an Air Strike by the Arab Coalition in Yemen
- » Five Killed in Attack in Southern Afghanistan
...and "HOT: Israel, Hamas Reach Ceasefire", and "EU's high officials have welcomed the ceasefire", and "The agreement... came after a day of intensive negotiations featuring Clinton, Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy and Palestinian officials", and "Jubilant Gaza Residents Celebrate Truce", and-especially!- "Israel-Hamas Ceasefire Agreement Holds", and, in addition: 12 rockets already-i.e. after "reaching ceasfire"-have been launched on Izrael from Gaza. Festive fireworks of "Jubilant Gaza", indeed...