EU Calls for Implementation of Gaza Ceasefire
EU's high officials have welcomed the ceasefire proclaimed in Gaza, saying it was "now crucial" to make sure it was implemented.
In a joint statement, European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and EU Council President Herman Van Rompuy have declared that the events of the last days stress the urgent need to move towards a two-state solution allowing both sides to live side-by-side in peace and security.
"It is now crucial to ensure its implementation and to prevent the restart of violence," the statement says.
A ceasefire between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas movement which governs Gaza came into effect Wednesday.
- » Too Early to Speak of Russian Airstrikes on IS, President Putin Says
- » Hungary to Send Army to Borders to Cope with Migrant Influx
- » Putin Says Assad Ready to Hold Early Elections
- » Germany, France Agree on Need for Mandatory Quotas to Distribute Migrants in EU
- » Serbia Calls on EU to Define Clear Policy on Migrants
- » EU Ambassadors Agree to Extend Sanctions Against Russia over Ukraine Crisis
...and "HOT: Israel, Hamas Reach Ceasefire", and "EU's high officials have welcomed the ceasefire", and "The agreement... came after a day of intensive negotiations featuring Clinton, Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy and Palestinian officials", and "Jubilant Gaza Residents Celebrate Truce", and-especially!- "Israel-Hamas Ceasefire Agreement Holds", and, in addition: 12 rockets already-i.e. after "reaching ceasfire"-have been launched on Izrael from Gaza. Festive fireworks of "Jubilant Gaza", indeed...