Bulgarian - Turkish Border Still Clogged by Truck Traffic
Traffic at checkpoints between Bulgaria and Turkey remains heavy with fewer problems in processing vehicles on both sides of the border.
There is a 3-km-long line on the Bulgarian side and a 5-km-long one on the Turkish side at the Kapitan Andreevo – Kapukule checkpoint.
No lines are reported at the other two crossings - Lesovo - Hamzabeyli, Malko Tarnovo – Derekoy.
Turkey temporarily stopped all traffic for 7 hours Tuesday night, from 11 pm Tuesday until 6 am Wednesday.
The temporary measure was taken due to a change of the Customs and information system at Turkish checkpoints.
On Monday, a 14-kilometers-long truck line formed at the Kapitan Andreevo-Kapakule border crossing point between the two countries due to repair works at the Bulgarian border checkpoint (Kapitan Andreevo).
- » Russia Prepared to Supply Gas to Both Greece, Bulgaria if Necessary
- » Minister of Tourism: 'I Am Ready to Meet Representatives of the Union of Owners of Sunny Beach'
- » Australian PM Urges Developers to Design Protection From Vehicle Attacks
- » Australian Authorities Charge 3 Men For Terrorsim
- » Bulgaria’s Pleven Opens Tender for Construction of Integrated Water Cycle
- » Chinese Investors Interested in Black Sea Motorway Construction