Bulgarian - Turkish Border Still Clogged by Truck Traffic
Traffic at checkpoints between Bulgaria and Turkey remains heavy with fewer problems in processing vehicles on both sides of the border.
There is a 3-km-long line on the Bulgarian side and a 5-km-long one on the Turkish side at the Kapitan Andreevo – Kapukule checkpoint.
No lines are reported at the other two crossings - Lesovo - Hamzabeyli, Malko Tarnovo – Derekoy.
Turkey temporarily stopped all traffic for 7 hours Tuesday night, from 11 pm Tuesday until 6 am Wednesday.
The temporary measure was taken due to a change of the Customs and information system at Turkish checkpoints.
On Monday, a 14-kilometers-long truck line formed at the Kapitan Andreevo-Kapakule border crossing point between the two countries due to repair works at the Bulgarian border checkpoint (Kapitan Andreevo).
- » May tells EU immigrants: 'We want you to stay'
- » State starts inspections in Sunny Beach resort
- » Boyko Borisov to Interior Ministry: No limit for fuel
- » Conservatives agree pact with DUP to support May government
- » Macron says France will not recognise Crimea 'annexation'
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva: No change in Bulgarian stand on languages in friendship treaty with Macedonia