Bulgarian - Turkish Border Still Clogged by Truck Traffic
Traffic at checkpoints between Bulgaria and Turkey remains heavy with fewer problems in processing vehicles on both sides of the border.
There is a 3-km-long line on the Bulgarian side and a 5-km-long one on the Turkish side at the Kapitan Andreevo – Kapukule checkpoint.
No lines are reported at the other two crossings - Lesovo - Hamzabeyli, Malko Tarnovo – Derekoy.
Turkey temporarily stopped all traffic for 7 hours Tuesday night, from 11 pm Tuesday until 6 am Wednesday.
The temporary measure was taken due to a change of the Customs and information system at Turkish checkpoints.
On Monday, a 14-kilometers-long truck line formed at the Kapitan Andreevo-Kapakule border crossing point between the two countries due to repair works at the Bulgarian border checkpoint (Kapitan Andreevo).
- » Bulgaria Posts Budget Surplus of 3.1% of GDP for End-May
- » Bulgaria Expects BGN 3.09 Budget Surplus for H1 2016
- » Pensions in Bulgaria Increase by 2.6 %
- » Authorities Begin Large-Scale Tax Inspections Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
- » New Electricity, Heating, Gas Prices Enter into Force in Bulgaria on Friday
- » Bulgaria Calls for Extra Vigilance in Travel to Turkey