Bulgarian - Turkish Border Still Clogged by Truck Traffic
Traffic at checkpoints between Bulgaria and Turkey remains heavy with fewer problems in processing vehicles on both sides of the border.
There is a 3-km-long line on the Bulgarian side and a 5-km-long one on the Turkish side at the Kapitan Andreevo – Kapukule checkpoint.
No lines are reported at the other two crossings - Lesovo - Hamzabeyli, Malko Tarnovo – Derekoy.
Turkey temporarily stopped all traffic for 7 hours Tuesday night, from 11 pm Tuesday until 6 am Wednesday.
The temporary measure was taken due to a change of the Customs and information system at Turkish checkpoints.
On Monday, a 14-kilometers-long truck line formed at the Kapitan Andreevo-Kapakule border crossing point between the two countries due to repair works at the Bulgarian border checkpoint (Kapitan Andreevo).
- » Bulgaria’s Economy Ministry Invites Chinese Firms to Sofia Tech Park
- » Bulgaria Drops to 39th Place in World Bank's Doing Business Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Finance Ministry Publishes 2017 Draft Budget
- » Bulgaria's Govt to End State Aid Contract with Fibank
- » Bulgaria Named Most Attractive Country for Automotive Industry - Survey
- » Bulgarian PM Vows to Look into All Privatization Deals