Bulgarian - Turkish Border Still Clogged by Truck Traffic
Traffic at checkpoints between Bulgaria and Turkey remains heavy with fewer problems in processing vehicles on both sides of the border.
There is a 3-km-long line on the Bulgarian side and a 5-km-long one on the Turkish side at the Kapitan Andreevo – Kapukule checkpoint.
No lines are reported at the other two crossings - Lesovo - Hamzabeyli, Malko Tarnovo – Derekoy.
Turkey temporarily stopped all traffic for 7 hours Tuesday night, from 11 pm Tuesday until 6 am Wednesday.
The temporary measure was taken due to a change of the Customs and information system at Turkish checkpoints.
On Monday, a 14-kilometers-long truck line formed at the Kapitan Andreevo-Kapakule border crossing point between the two countries due to repair works at the Bulgarian border checkpoint (Kapitan Andreevo).
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 1.6% Y/Y in March
- » YouTube Launches Partner Programme in Bulgaria
- » Increased Number of Bulgarians Vacate Locally
- » Bulgaria’s Economy Minister Expects Substantial Investments from German, US Companies in 2015
- » 'Bulgaria's Lavish Red-Carpet Welcome to Iran's Gas'
- » Wizz Air Launching Flights to New European Destinations Earlier