Contracted Funds under Administrative Capacity OP in Bulgaria at 73%
Monika Dimitrova-Beecher, head of the Managing Authority of the Administrative Capacity Operational Program (OPAC) at Bulgaria's Ministry of Finance, has announced that contracted funds under the program amount to 73% and paid funds amount to 37%.
She explained that central administration authorities had been most active with regard to contracted funds at the end of 2011 and in 2012, followed by local authorities and NGOs.
"We slightly shifted the focus towards district and municipal administrations in 2012 so that we could make the balance and fulfill all goals set out in the program," the expert said.
Dimitrova refuted widely distributed allegations that the public administration was absorbing huge public resources without reforms.
She said that the staff of the Managing Authority of OPAC, public administration officials, and the people in charge of the policies were making joint efforts, adding that there was synergy between the policies pursued in the sphere of administrative reforms and in the development of electronic services.
- » Bulgarian DPS Party Supports Georgieva's EU Foreign Policy Chief Bid
- » EIB to Assist Bulgarian Railway Infrastructure Co in Tariff Formation
- » EC Approves Bulgaria's Public Procurement Strategy 2014-2020
- » EU Regional Policy Commissioner: Bulgaria to Sign PA with EC Very Soon
- » Georgieva Is Bulgaria's EU Foreign Policy Chief Candidate - PM
- » Bulgaria's FM Vigenin 'to Be EU Commissioner Candidate'