Israel Gives More Time for Gaza Truce Talks - Report
Israel will give extra time for diplomatic efforts needed to solve the ongoing Gaza military crisis, an Israeli government source has told a Russian news agency.
The official has said that during the talks Israel continues to press for "not just an end to shelling, but also to smuggling, which can lead to remilitarization of the Gaza Strip."
"At the moment we give [extra] time so that the agreement can be reached, but we are still ready to take all measures for self-defense," the source has told RIA Novosti, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
According to the official, any agreement with Hamas, if reached, should include guarantees not only from Egypt, but also from other states.
"We see Egypt as an important partner, but taking into account the regime change, we would like other leading international players, such as US, to secure the agreement,"
- » European Court Issues EUR 2 B Verdict in Yukos Affair
- » Ukraine Parliament Rejects PM Yatsenyuk's Resignation
- » CoE: Grey Economy Results in Losses of EUR 40 B per year in Romania
- » Slovenia Re-Launches Privatization of 15 State-Owned Companies
- » Russia Forced to Pay USD 50 B to Former Yukos Owners
- » Romania, US to Launch Observation Flights over Russia, Belarus