Israel Gives More Time for Gaza Truce Talks - Report
Israel will give extra time for diplomatic efforts needed to solve the ongoing Gaza military crisis, an Israeli government source has told a Russian news agency.
The official has said that during the talks Israel continues to press for "not just an end to shelling, but also to smuggling, which can lead to remilitarization of the Gaza Strip."
"At the moment we give [extra] time so that the agreement can be reached, but we are still ready to take all measures for self-defense," the source has told RIA Novosti, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
According to the official, any agreement with Hamas, if reached, should include guarantees not only from Egypt, but also from other states.
"We see Egypt as an important partner, but taking into account the regime change, we would like other leading international players, such as US, to secure the agreement,"
- » EC Proposes Measures to Improve E-Commerce, Increase Customer Trust
- » Eurogroup Agrees to Release Next Tranche of Greek Bailout
- » Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party Announces New Cabinet
- » Greece Begins Relocation of Migrants from Idomeni Refugee Camp
- » Former Green Leader Achieves Narrow Victory in Austria's Presidential Election
- » New AKP Leader Binali Yildirim Working to Form Turkey’s New Government