Israel Gives More Time for Gaza Truce Talks - Report
Israel will give extra time for diplomatic efforts needed to solve the ongoing Gaza military crisis, an Israeli government source has told a Russian news agency.
The official has said that during the talks Israel continues to press for "not just an end to shelling, but also to smuggling, which can lead to remilitarization of the Gaza Strip."
"At the moment we give [extra] time so that the agreement can be reached, but we are still ready to take all measures for self-defense," the source has told RIA Novosti, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
According to the official, any agreement with Hamas, if reached, should include guarantees not only from Egypt, but also from other states.
"We see Egypt as an important partner, but taking into account the regime change, we would like other leading international players, such as US, to secure the agreement,"
- » 'Russian Elon Musk' Raped and Tortured to Death in Custody
- » Bashar Assad Returns Legion d’honneur to France
- » North and South Korea Open Hotline Between Leaders
- » The King of Swaziland Renames the Country 'the Kingdom of eSwatini'
- » Syrians in Turkey Continue to Return Home
- » Majority of Germans Want More Protection From Globalization