Israel Gives More Time for Gaza Truce Talks - Report
Israel will give extra time for diplomatic efforts needed to solve the ongoing Gaza military crisis, an Israeli government source has told a Russian news agency.
The official has said that during the talks Israel continues to press for "not just an end to shelling, but also to smuggling, which can lead to remilitarization of the Gaza Strip."
"At the moment we give [extra] time so that the agreement can be reached, but we are still ready to take all measures for self-defense," the source has told RIA Novosti, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
According to the official, any agreement with Hamas, if reached, should include guarantees not only from Egypt, but also from other states.
"We see Egypt as an important partner, but taking into account the regime change, we would like other leading international players, such as US, to secure the agreement,"
- » Russia Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny Released From Prison
- » Catalonia's Leaders Fight off Direct Rule From Madrid
- » China Says Needs to Create Jobs For 15 million People Every Year
- » U.S.-Backed Militias Seize Key Oil Field in East Syria
- » Pablo Neruda did not Die of Cancer but may have been Poisoned
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt