Hillary Clinton Joins Gaza Truce Talks
US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has called for an end to rocket attacks on Israel and a durable regional peace as she arrived in the Middle East to join ceasefire talks.
Clinton traveled to Jerusalem and met late Tuesday with Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu.
"The rocket attacks from terrorist organizations inside Gaza on Israeli cities and towns must end and a broader calm restored," the US Secretary of State has said, as cited by Los Angeles Times.
"The goal must be a durable outcome that promotes regional stability and advances the security and legitimate aspirations of Israelis and Palestinians alike."
Netanyahu said he preferred a "long-term solution" through diplomacy, but that Israel "will have to take whatever actions necessary to defend its people."
- » Angela Merkel Severely Criticized Countries Unwilling to Accept More Refugees
- » Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
- » German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel Criticizes Merkel's Migration Policy
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants