Hillary Clinton Joins Gaza Truce Talks
US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has called for an end to rocket attacks on Israel and a durable regional peace as she arrived in the Middle East to join ceasefire talks.
Clinton traveled to Jerusalem and met late Tuesday with Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu.
"The rocket attacks from terrorist organizations inside Gaza on Israeli cities and towns must end and a broader calm restored," the US Secretary of State has said, as cited by Los Angeles Times.
"The goal must be a durable outcome that promotes regional stability and advances the security and legitimate aspirations of Israelis and Palestinians alike."
Netanyahu said he preferred a "long-term solution" through diplomacy, but that Israel "will have to take whatever actions necessary to defend its people."
- » Vice President Georgieva To Leave EC for 1 Month
- » 5.4-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Rodos Island
- » Turkey Fires 87 Secret Service Employees
- » Slovakian PM Fico: Asylum Seekers Quotas Are Politically Exhausted
- » Merkel Calls For Agreements on Migrants With Tunisia, Egypt
- » Turkish Security Services Draft New List of 20,000 Suspected Gulen Supporters