Hillary Clinton Joins Gaza Truce Talks
US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has called for an end to rocket attacks on Israel and a durable regional peace as she arrived in the Middle East to join ceasefire talks.
Clinton traveled to Jerusalem and met late Tuesday with Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu.
"The rocket attacks from terrorist organizations inside Gaza on Israeli cities and towns must end and a broader calm restored," the US Secretary of State has said, as cited by Los Angeles Times.
"The goal must be a durable outcome that promotes regional stability and advances the security and legitimate aspirations of Israelis and Palestinians alike."
Netanyahu said he preferred a "long-term solution" through diplomacy, but that Israel "will have to take whatever actions necessary to defend its people."
- » Islamic State Battling Syrian Rebel Groups 10 km from Central Damascus
- » Bulgaria Hosting International Southeast European Studies Conference
- » Clashes, Grenade Explosion Take Place Outside Ukraine’s Parliament
- » Bulgaria Police Helping Patrol along Hungary-Serbia Border
- » Authorities Detain Fourth Bulgarian over Dead Migrants Found in Truck in Austria
- » Hungary Completes Fence at Border with Serbia Earlier Than Planned