Bulgaria's Cheap, Qualified Labor Force Advertised to Chinese Investors
Delyan Dobrev, Minster of Economy, Energy, and Tourism, has emphasized the benefits of investment in Bulgaria to Chinese business representatives.
Speaking during the "Invest in Bulgaria" forum in Shanghai, Dobrev said that Bulgaria's main advantages as an investment destination were the strategic geographic location, the 10% tax rate, the cheapest highly qualified workers in Europe, and the visa-free transit for nationals of non-EU countries.
The forum is organized by the InvestBulgaria Agency and the Shanghai Foreign Investment Development Board with funding under the Competitiveness Operational Program, according to the press office of Bulgaria's Ministry of Economy, Energy, and Tourism (MIET).
Dobrev emphasized that Bulgaria was an example of financial stability after the crisis, having signed 68 double taxation treaties with EU countries, Russia, China, the US, as well as 66 agreements on encouraging foreign investments.
Bulgaria's Economy and Energy Minister also advertized tourism opportunities in Bulgaria, stressing the combination of sea, mountains, mineral springs, and historical and cultural heritage.
The "Invest in Bulgaria" forum was attended by representatives of over 150 Chinese companies operating in the sectors of machine building, electronics, the chemical industry, and logistics.
Atendees included representatives of JAC Motors, which is among the top ten in the Chinese automotive industry, telecommunications equipment provider Huawei Technologies, Yutong Bus, a company specialized in bus manufacturing with a daily capacity of over 210 unit buses, and tyremaker Hangzhou Zhongce Rubber Co, according to MIET's press office.
- » Bulgarian Household Deposits Rise 7% Y/Y as of End-July 2016
- » Bulgaria's Producer Prices in Agriculture Fall 0.8% Y/Y in Q2 2016
- » Bulgaria’s Economy to Expand by 3% in 2016 - Industry Group
- » Russia Certifies Ural, Yamal to Fly to Bulgaria’s Burgas, Plovdiv from Moscow’s Zhukovsky Airport
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Increase 10% Y/Y in Q2 2016
- » Investment Funds’ Assets in Bulgaria Drop 0.8% Y/Y as of End-June 2016