Lalova Named Bulgaria's Top Field and Track Athlete for 2012
Bulgarian sprinter Ivet Lalova has been named her country's best field and track athlete for a record fourth time in a row.
Lalova has won the traditional poll organized by the local Atletika journal, leaving sprinter Vania Stambolova second and high jumper Mirela Demireva third.
After struggling with injuries for years, Lalova won the gold medal at the European Athletics Championships in Helsinki in difficult weather conditions after running a season?s best of 11.6 in her heat.
In March, she became the only European sprinter to make it into the 60 m women's final at the IAAF World Indoor Championships in Athletics in Istanbul.
She also qualified for the 100 m and 200 m semifinals at the London Olympics.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Triumphed in the Final Season Tournament in London! (Updated)
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Now 3rd in the World Ranking
- » Dimitar Berbatov's Adventure in India Begins Today
- » Ibrahimovic Could Play at World Cup 2018
- » WADA Refused to Return Russia's Rights
- » Anthony Ivanov will Swim for a University in Alabama