Lalova Named Bulgaria's Top Field and Track Athlete for 2012
Bulgarian sprinter Ivet Lalova has been named her country's best field and track athlete for a record fourth time in a row.
Lalova has won the traditional poll organized by the local Atletika journal, leaving sprinter Vania Stambolova second and high jumper Mirela Demireva third.
After struggling with injuries for years, Lalova won the gold medal at the European Athletics Championships in Helsinki in difficult weather conditions after running a season´s best of 11.6 in her heat.
In March, she became the only European sprinter to make it into the 60 m women's final at the IAAF World Indoor Championships in Athletics in Istanbul.
She also qualified for the 100 m and 200 m semifinals at the London Olympics.
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match
- » Bulgarian Stoichkov Enters Daily Mail ‘Top 100 World Cup Heroes’
- » Bulgarian Balakov in Pole Position to Take Over Stuttgart