Petrov Says Battle with Cancer Going Well
Aston Villa's Bulgarian captain Stiliyan Petrov has said that he is battling hard with his acute leukaemia.
"So far it's going well which is a positive thing," Petrov has told Birmingham Mail.
He attended a charity match between a Petrov XI and a Villa Legends XI at Halesowen at the weekend.
The Bulgarian midfielder has thanked the Aston Villa fans for their support as he continues down the "long road" to beat acute leukaemia.
"I'm on the edge of starting crying every single time (they sing and applaud). I really appreciate it."
"The fans have been very supportive from the start until now. It's already been eight months I've been on treatment.
"I still get cards and messages and the turnout at the charity game was just unbelievable. But that's Villa fans for you. They love the club and the players."
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov to Face Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam