Sofia's Last Ambulance Wins New Awards
Critically acclaimed Bulgarian documentary "Sofia's Last Ambulance" has won Award for Best Director at the Festival dei Populi in Florence, the movie's Facebook page has informed.
Last week, Sofia's Last Ambulance also received the "Award for Best Documentary Film" at the 14th International Film Festival in Bratislava.
Earlier in November, the movie received the Silver Dove at one of Europe's most respected documentary film festivals, the International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film - DOK Leipzig.
"Sofia's Last Ambulance" is a documentary by Ilian Metev about Bulgaria's capital Sofia and staff at its ambulances struggling to keep up with their workload. It premiered at Cannes Film Festival 2012 (Critics' Week), where it won the "Visionary Award".It was the second documentary ever to compete in the section's 51 year history.
- » Bulgaria Celebrates National Day of Culture and Slavic Script
- » Bulgarian National Television Releases Trailer for 2015 Junior Eurovision
- » Video Promotes Bulgaria's Plovdiv as 2019 European Capital of Culture
- » Fatboy Slim to Headline This Year's SOLAR SUMMER
- » OPERA OPEN to Take Over All of Plovdiv
- » Eco Festival Takes Over Sofia