Sofia's Last Ambulance Wins New Awards
Critically acclaimed Bulgarian documentary "Sofia's Last Ambulance" has won Award for Best Director at the Festival dei Populi in Florence, the movie's Facebook page has informed.
Last week, Sofia's Last Ambulance also received the "Award for Best Documentary Film" at the 14th International Film Festival in Bratislava.
Earlier in November, the movie received the Silver Dove at one of Europe's most respected documentary film festivals, the International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film - DOK Leipzig.
"Sofia's Last Ambulance" is a documentary by Ilian Metev about Bulgaria's capital Sofia and staff at its ambulances struggling to keep up with their workload. It premiered at Cannes Film Festival 2012 (Critics' Week), where it won the "Visionary Award".It was the second documentary ever to compete in the section's 51 year history.
- » Sofia World Cup 2017 Is Coming on 5 May
- » Donors Campaign for Books Being Organized on The World Book and Copyright Day
- » Deep Purple's Concert in Sofia Is on May 14
- » White Rabbit, Red Rabbit - Act of Spontaneous Action
- » Three Days Grace To Come in Bulgaria for Hills of Rock
- » Four Projects With Nicole Kidman and a Bulgarian Title in The Program of Cannes