Sofia's Last Ambulance Wins New Awards
Critically acclaimed Bulgarian documentary "Sofia's Last Ambulance" has won Award for Best Director at the Festival dei Populi in Florence, the movie's Facebook page has informed.
Last week, Sofia's Last Ambulance also received the "Award for Best Documentary Film" at the 14th International Film Festival in Bratislava.
Earlier in November, the movie received the Silver Dove at one of Europe's most respected documentary film festivals, the International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film - DOK Leipzig.
"Sofia's Last Ambulance" is a documentary by Ilian Metev about Bulgaria's capital Sofia and staff at its ambulances struggling to keep up with their workload. It premiered at Cannes Film Festival 2012 (Critics' Week), where it won the "Visionary Award".It was the second documentary ever to compete in the section's 51 year history.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival
- » Bulgaria, US to Create Commission on Safeguarding Cultural Heritage
- » Three-Day Jazz Festival to Take Over Sofia
- » Bulgarian Movie "Losers" Claims Main Prize at Moscow International Film Festival
- » Twisted Sister, Within Temptation to Headline Tenth Anniversary of Kavarna Rock