Sofia's Last Ambulance Wins New Awards
Critically acclaimed Bulgarian documentary "Sofia's Last Ambulance" has won Award for Best Director at the Festival dei Populi in Florence, the movie's Facebook page has informed.
Last week, Sofia's Last Ambulance also received the "Award for Best Documentary Film" at the 14th International Film Festival in Bratislava.
Earlier in November, the movie received the Silver Dove at one of Europe's most respected documentary film festivals, the International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film - DOK Leipzig.
"Sofia's Last Ambulance" is a documentary by Ilian Metev about Bulgaria's capital Sofia and staff at its ambulances struggling to keep up with their workload. It premiered at Cannes Film Festival 2012 (Critics' Week), where it won the "Visionary Award".It was the second documentary ever to compete in the section's 51 year history.
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Glenn Miller Orchestra With Concert in Sofia
- » La Traviata by Bulgarian Soprano Sonya Yoncheva with Big Success Worldwide
- » Look Into the Past with Exhibition ‘Sofia In the Dawn of Freedom’
- » Kristian Kostov is the Bulgarian Representative at Eurovision 2017
- » Classic Bulgarian Movie Brought Back to Life as Musical