Sarafovo Airport in Burgas to Get Noise Insulating Wall
The Sarafovo Airport in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas will be equipped with a noise insulating wall.
The decision to build a noise barrier was taken Monday by representatives of the Burgas Municipality, the concessionaire of the airport, Fraport Twin Star Management AD, the National Road Infrastructure Agency and MP Ivan Valkov, MP of center-right ruling party GERB.
The participants in the project are yet to specify their legal relations and sign an official contract, according to a statement of the Burgas Municipality.
The details surrounding the project and the deadline for the completion of the construction works will be announced after the signing of the project.
The terms of reference for the facility have already been prepared by the Burgas Municipality with money from the municipal budget.
The construction of the wall has been listed as a measure in the first for Bulgaria Strategic Noise Map prepared by the Burgas Municipality.
The facility is to insulate the noise from arriving and departing aircraft and auto traffic noise from the ring road around the Sarafovo residential district.
The facility is to cover the territory alongside the I-9 road connecting the Black Sea cityies of Burgas and Varna.
The wall is to reduce noise levels by at least 10-15 dB.
The wall will be built in line with the surrounding landscape and will provide the necessary visibility of the road
The exploitation period of the facility will be at least 30 years.
Air traffic over the Burgas residential districts of Izgrev and Slaveykov may also be changed to reduce the noise from aircraft overflights.
- » Bulgaria’s Pleven Opens Tender for Construction of Integrated Water Cycle
- » Chinese Investors Interested in Black Sea Motorway Construction
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Asks Bulgarian Socialist Party to Stop Speculations About Tsankov Kamak
- » Gazprom Has Increased Its Supplies to Bulgaria by 11%
- » EU Citizens will not Need Visas to Visit UK After Brexit
- » Bulgaria to Cooperate with Egypt in the Sphere of Tourism