Gaza Death Toll Climbs to at Least 111 on 7th Day
Gaza authorities have said that at least 111 people, many of them children, had been killed in the densely-populated city of 1.7 million since Israel launched its assault on Wednesday.
Three Israelis have been killed by rocket fire from Gaza since the start of the military campaign.
The Israeli military said 29 rockets had been fired from Gaza, ruled by the Hamas Islamist group, towards Israel since early Tuesday. Most were intercepted, but three landed in the town of Beersheva, RIA Novosti informs. No injuries were reported.
Meanwhile, it was announced that US President Barack Obama is sending Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to the Middle East to try to defuse the conflict in Gaza.
- » Islamic State Fighters Reportedly Travelling in EU on Bulgarian Passports
- » Defiant Tsipras Urges Greeks to Vote ‘No’ in Bailout Referendum
- » Gazprom Confirms Halting Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- » CoE: Holding of Greek Referendum Would Not Satisfy International Standards
- » Fitch Downgrades Greece to ‘CC’
- » 137 000 Migrants Crossed Mediterranean Sea into Europe in First Half of 2015