Israel Postpones Gaza Invasion
Israel has temporarily put on hold its potential ground operation in Gaza, according to media reports. '
The decision is intended to to give Egyptian-led truce efforts a chance to work, a senior Israeli official has explained.
"A decision was taken that for the time being there is a temporary hold on the ground incursion to give diplomacy a chance to succeed," the official has told AFP, as cited by Sky News.
Meanwhile, it was announced that US President Barack Obama is sending Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to the Middle East to try to defuse the conflict in Gaza.
The death toll in Gaza climbed to at least 90 on Monday as Israel continued to strike targets within the Palestinian enclave and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon headed to Egypt to attempt to secure a ceasefire.
- » US to Curb Issuance of Non-Immigrant Visas in Russia
- » Donald Trump to Announce New Strategy on Afghanistan in Major Speech
- » Secret Services Weigh up Whether Surgut Atrocity was a Terrorist Attack after ISIS Claim
- » The University of Texas Removes Monuments of Confederate Generals from their Campus
- » Today Starts the Week of Enhanced Control in Regards to Over-speeding Across the EU
- » Facebook is Testing a Personalized List with News