Israel Postpones Gaza Invasion
Israel has temporarily put on hold its potential ground operation in Gaza, according to media reports. '
The decision is intended to to give Egyptian-led truce efforts a chance to work, a senior Israeli official has explained.
"A decision was taken that for the time being there is a temporary hold on the ground incursion to give diplomacy a chance to succeed," the official has told AFP, as cited by Sky News.
Meanwhile, it was announced that US President Barack Obama is sending Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to the Middle East to try to defuse the conflict in Gaza.
The death toll in Gaza climbed to at least 90 on Monday as Israel continued to strike targets within the Palestinian enclave and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon headed to Egypt to attempt to secure a ceasefire.
- » After New Incident on Cyprus, EU Calls on Turkey to Rein in Naval Aggression
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days
- » Trump Wants Teachers to Carry Weapons
- » Deputy Director of UNICEF Resigned Because of Obscene Remarks to Women
- » An Armed Sheriff did not Help in the Shooting at a High School in the US