Israel Postpones Gaza Invasion
Israel has temporarily put on hold its potential ground operation in Gaza, according to media reports. '
The decision is intended to to give Egyptian-led truce efforts a chance to work, a senior Israeli official has explained.
"A decision was taken that for the time being there is a temporary hold on the ground incursion to give diplomacy a chance to succeed," the official has told AFP, as cited by Sky News.
Meanwhile, it was announced that US President Barack Obama is sending Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to the Middle East to try to defuse the conflict in Gaza.
The death toll in Gaza climbed to at least 90 on Monday as Israel continued to strike targets within the Palestinian enclave and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon headed to Egypt to attempt to secure a ceasefire.
- » Angela Merkel Severely Criticized Countries Unwilling to Accept More Refugees
- » Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
- » German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel Criticizes Merkel's Migration Policy
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants