Ship Sinks in Danube River near Bulgaria's Ruse
A ship has sunk in the Danube river, near the Bulgarian city of Ruse, Tuesday morning.
The fuel tanks of the vessel contained about 20 000 liters of oil.
An expert committee has been appointed to probe the incident, the Executive Director of Maritime Administration in Ruse, Captain Georgi Ivanov informed, cited by Darik radio.
The ship was carrying wood and entered the port of Ruse for unloading.
The reason for the sinking remains unknown. The crew says they felt a hit by some underwater object. No one has been injured.
- » Hot Weather Alert Throughout Bulgaria on Sunday
- » Bulgaria Expects Another Hot Summer Day on Sunday
- » Wildfire near Bulgaria's Ardino Contained
- » Forest Fire Rages near Ardino in Southern Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
- » Bulgaria to Scrap Injunction of People with Mental Disabilities