Turkey PM Erdogan: Israel Is 'Terrorist State'
Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan has voiced exceptionally sharp criticism of Israel's ongoing heavy campaign against the Gaza strip.
"Those who connect Islam with terrorism are closing their eyes to the mass murder of Muslims, they are turning away from the slaughter of children in Gaza," stated Erdogan at a conference fo the Eurasian Islamic Council in Istanbul Monday.
"This is why I affirm that Israel is a terrorist state and its actions are terrorist actions," added Turkey's PM.
Tuesday Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs Ahmet Davutoglu will visit Gaza, together with foreign ministers from the Arab League.
The Israeli government has issued a 36-hour ceasefire ultimatum to Hamas, but Hamas have stated that they expect Israel to lay down arms first.
- » Prosecution Source Names Two of Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport Attackers
- » Georgia’s Association Agreement with EU Enters Fully into Force
- » Slovakia Assumes EU Presidency amid post-Brexit Uncertainty
- » Migrant Arrivals by Sea in Europe Exceed 225,000 in H1 2016
- » Austria’s Top Court Orders Re-run of Presidential Vote over Counting Irregularities
- » Salzburg Forum Countries Reaffirm Commitment to Cooperate in Stemming Migrant Influx
The Hamas is obviously relishing all the attention they are getting.
The UN is at fault for claiming that the Gaza Strip is under 'occupation'
when it is not, it's the same with the EU who need a patsy of some sort
ignoring the fact that all EU nations are racist entities with not a single non-european official, telling everyone else how to live their lives.
...oh, that beauty Erdogan, wasn't it his "non-terrorist" Turkey which
immediately opened fire in reply to a couple of salvos from Syrian territory (effected by "rebels", btw)? Israel merely has no choice, it
must protect its people. It was just Hamas which started rocket strikes
some days ago and it is exactly the same Hamas which is using Gaza civilians now – what despicable bastards these Hamas' people are- as human shields.