Turkey PM Erdogan: Israel Is 'Terrorist State'
Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan has voiced exceptionally sharp criticism of Israel's ongoing heavy campaign against the Gaza strip.
"Those who connect Islam with terrorism are closing their eyes to the mass murder of Muslims, they are turning away from the slaughter of children in Gaza," stated Erdogan at a conference fo the Eurasian Islamic Council in Istanbul Monday.
"This is why I affirm that Israel is a terrorist state and its actions are terrorist actions," added Turkey's PM.
Tuesday Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs Ahmet Davutoglu will visit Gaza, together with foreign ministers from the Arab League.
The Israeli government has issued a 36-hour ceasefire ultimatum to Hamas, but Hamas have stated that they expect Israel to lay down arms first.
- » FIFA Ethics Committee Provisionally Bans Blatter, Platini for 90 Days
- » Turkey Could Look Elsewhere for Gas Supplies, NPP Builder, Erdogan Tells Russia
- » Greek Government Wins Confidence Vote
- » Belarus President Refutes 'Russian Military Base' Reports
- » EU Launches Second Stage of Naval Operation Against Human Smugglers
- » Turkey to Step up Cooperation with Neighbours from EU on Migrants' Readmission
The Hamas is obviously relishing all the attention they are getting.
The UN is at fault for claiming that the Gaza Strip is under 'occupation'
when it is not, it's the same with the EU who need a patsy of some sort
ignoring the fact that all EU nations are racist entities with not a single non-european official, telling everyone else how to live their lives.
...oh, that beauty Erdogan, wasn't it his "non-terrorist" Turkey which
immediately opened fire in reply to a couple of salvos from Syrian territory (effected by "rebels", btw)? Israel merely has no choice, it
must protect its people. It was just Hamas which started rocket strikes
some days ago and it is exactly the same Hamas which is using Gaza civilians now – what despicable bastards these Hamas' people are- as human shields.