Bulgarian Municipalities to Get Extra BGN 100 M for Tourism, Sports Projects
Bulgarian municipalities will receive an extra sum of over BGN 100 M for the implementation of sports and tourism projects with money from the redistributed budgets of the EU Rural Development Program.
Bulgaria's State Fund Agriculture (SAF) informed Monday that it had approved 67 funding applications under the measures for encouragement of tourism activities, for basic services for the economy and rural population, and for village renewal and development.
Local authorities will use the money granted under the Rural Development Program to repair streets, community centers, churches, and to build sports halls, eco trails, and bicycle paths.
The municipalities of Gulyantsi and Chernoochene plan to reconstruct and modernize sports complexes.
The municipality of Pavlikeni will build a swimming pool, open-air fitness sites, children's playgrounds, and will convert a chalet into an athletic dormitory.
The local authorities in Tvarditsa will use the EU money to build four sports complexes for football, athletics, kart racing, and motor sports, while the village of Venelin, Varna municipality, will get a playground for mini-football.
EU funding will also be allocated to a day care center for adults in Knezha and a photovoltaic installation in Brezovo.
With subsidies under the program, repair works will be carried out at the "Sveti Georgi Pobedonosets" church in the village of Razgrad, Valchedram municipality, and the "Sveti Velikomachenik Dimitar" church in the village Yankovo, Smyadovo municipality.
The municipality of Chepelare will build a bicycle park, Dospat will develop an eco trail, and Pravets will get a cycling/pedestrian tourist lane.
According to SAF's statement, the Fund has approved subsidies for municipal projects worth a total of BGN 262 M since the beginning of November.
- » Another Smolyan Village Completely Deserted
- » Bulgarian Media Mogul Peevski Sells 50% of his Print Media Business
- » BGN 1.6 billion will Cost the Construction of the Vidin-Sofia Highway
- » The New Tiles in front of the National Palace of Culture did not Last Until the End of the European Presidency
- » Over 20.7 million leva have been Allocated to Overcome the Consequences of Disasters in Bulgaria
- » For the Moment, Bulgaria will not Extradite Bulgarians to the Case of "Zhelyaz Andreev"