Bulgarian Film 'Color of the Chameleon' Acclaimed in Sweden
Bulgarian film "The Color of the Chameleon" of director Emil Hristov has been shown with great success during the 23rd edition of the prestigious Stockholm film festival.
The Bulgarian news agency BTA reports that the movie has been met with huge interest and has attracted a large audience.
The Swedish film critics' elite have talked about "The Color of the Chameleon" as a creative and extraordinary black comedy with elements of surrealism and of a thriller, while Hristov's work has been praised for originality, sophistication, and style.
Emil Hristov was known until now as one of the best Bulgarian cameraman (movies such as Zift) and this is his debut as director. The film grabbed the grand prize at the Bulgarian "Golden Rose" festival in the fall and had successful showings in Thessaloniki, Toronto, and Washington.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival
- » Bulgaria, US to Create Commission on Safeguarding Cultural Heritage
- » Three-Day Jazz Festival to Take Over Sofia
- » Bulgarian Movie "Losers" Claims Main Prize at Moscow International Film Festival
- » Twisted Sister, Within Temptation to Headline Tenth Anniversary of Kavarna Rock