Bulgarian Film 'Color of the Chameleon' Acclaimed in Sweden
Bulgarian film "The Color of the Chameleon" of director Emil Hristov has been shown with great success during the 23rd edition of the prestigious Stockholm film festival.
The Bulgarian news agency BTA reports that the movie has been met with huge interest and has attracted a large audience.
The Swedish film critics' elite have talked about "The Color of the Chameleon" as a creative and extraordinary black comedy with elements of surrealism and of a thriller, while Hristov's work has been praised for originality, sophistication, and style.
Emil Hristov was known until now as one of the best Bulgarian cameraman (movies such as Zift) and this is his debut as director. The film grabbed the grand prize at the Bulgarian "Golden Rose" festival in the fall and had successful showings in Thessaloniki, Toronto, and Washington.
- » Dub FX to Present His Brand New Live Show in Sofia
- » Baba Tonka Museum Re-Opens in Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Google Features Bulgarian Liberation Day Doodle
- » Bulgaria Commemorates 137 Years of Ottoman Empire Liberation
- » Bulgaria’s Tarnovo Constitution Exhibited for 1st Time at President’s Office in Sofia
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers to Bring Scottish Rhythm to Bulgaria in Unconventional Performance