Sofia Airport Customs Foil Paraguay-Bound Skimming Scheme
Customs officers at Sofia Airport have seized skimming devices and micro cameras in a shipment intended for Paraguay.
A total of 23 skimming devices and 5 micro cameras have been seized, local authorities have revealed. The devices in question are used in ATM fraud.
Bulgarian nationals have been busted for ATM fraud in various countries over the recent years, most recently in Thailand, Uganda, France and Chile.
- » Englishwoman Reportedly Found Dead in Bulgarian Village, Murder Suspected
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing