Bulgarian Checkpoint Repairs Cause Turkish Border Jam
About 14-kilometers-long truck line has formed at the Kapitan Andreevo-Kapakule border crossing point between Bulgaria and Turkey.
Turkish media report early Monday morning that about 500 trucks were waiting to pass from Turkey to Bulgaria.
According to Turkish News Agencies, the congestion occurred due to repair works at the Bulgarian border checkpoint. Drivers are advised to use the other two crossings – at Lessovo and Malko Tarnovo.
The World Bank granted a loan of EUR 52 M, which, in addition to State budget funding, is being used to expand traffic lines on the Bulgarian side and to construct a new administrative building.
The works, however, impede traffic through the checkpoint daily, particularly affecting freight trucks.
- » Regional Minister Popnikolov To Discuss Building Sanitation Programme With BDB, Municipalities
- » Deputy PM Yanev: Kostov Used His Influence To Appoint People
- » Consultative Council on South Gas Corridor To Meet in Baku
- » State Ventures To Invest 50% of 2016 Profits on Behalf of Bulgaria
- » Azerbaijan Waiting for Bulgaria To Construct Gas Link With Greece
- » Foreign Investments in Bulgaria Shrink by 60% at End-2016