Bulgarian Checkpoint Repairs Cause Turkish Border Jam
About 14-kilometers-long truck line has formed at the Kapitan Andreevo-Kapakule border crossing point between Bulgaria and Turkey.
Turkish media report early Monday morning that about 500 trucks were waiting to pass from Turkey to Bulgaria.
According to Turkish News Agencies, the congestion occurred due to repair works at the Bulgarian border checkpoint. Drivers are advised to use the other two crossings – at Lessovo and Malko Tarnovo.
The World Bank granted a loan of EUR 52 M, which, in addition to State budget funding, is being used to expand traffic lines on the Bulgarian side and to construct a new administrative building.
The works, however, impede traffic through the checkpoint daily, particularly affecting freight trucks.
- » Friday Funday Ideas for Office Staff
- » Outgoing Deputy Foreign Minister Charged With Abuse of Office
- » EU Energy Commissioner Negotiates Key Energy Projects With Greek Govt
- » Bulgaria Posts 46.4% Drop in FDI in Jan-Nov 2016
- » Bulgaria, Serbia to Ink Gas Interconnector MoU
- » KEVR To Launch Inspections of Energy Distribution Ventures