Bulgarian Checkpoint Repairs Cause Turkish Border Jam
About 14-kilometers-long truck line has formed at the Kapitan Andreevo-Kapakule border crossing point between Bulgaria and Turkey.
Turkish media report early Monday morning that about 500 trucks were waiting to pass from Turkey to Bulgaria.
According to Turkish News Agencies, the congestion occurred due to repair works at the Bulgarian border checkpoint. Drivers are advised to use the other two crossings – at Lessovo and Malko Tarnovo.
The World Bank granted a loan of EUR 52 M, which, in addition to State budget funding, is being used to expand traffic lines on the Bulgarian side and to construct a new administrative building.
The works, however, impede traffic through the checkpoint daily, particularly affecting freight trucks.
- » Bulgaria Air in Codeshare Deal with Germany's airberlin
- » Bulgaria Adopts 2015 Budget with 3% Deficit
- » Fitch Maintains Bulgaria’s Credit Rating At ‘BBB-‘ With Stable Outlook
- » Austria’s BauMax Sells Bulgaria Unit for Token EUR 1
- » Max, Blizoo Join Forces in Mobile Wholesale Deal in Bulgaria
- » Russia Asks Bulgaria to Issue South Stream Construction Permits