Bulgarian Checkpoint Repairs Cause Turkish Border Jam
About 14-kilometers-long truck line has formed at the Kapitan Andreevo-Kapakule border crossing point between Bulgaria and Turkey.
Turkish media report early Monday morning that about 500 trucks were waiting to pass from Turkey to Bulgaria.
According to Turkish News Agencies, the congestion occurred due to repair works at the Bulgarian border checkpoint. Drivers are advised to use the other two crossings – at Lessovo and Malko Tarnovo.
The World Bank granted a loan of EUR 52 M, which, in addition to State budget funding, is being used to expand traffic lines on the Bulgarian side and to construct a new administrative building.
The works, however, impede traffic through the checkpoint daily, particularly affecting freight trucks.
- » Bulgaria Determined to Keep Varna TPP Functioning – Deputy Minister
- » Bulgaria's Dwelling Prices Record Slight Decrease in Q3 2014
- » US Software Company To Acquire Bulgaria's Telerik For USD 265.5 M
- » Bulgaria’s End-August Gross Foreign Debt Rises 2.2% Y/Y
- » KTB Directors: BNB Report Is 'A Lampoon'
- » Deposits In Bulgaria's Banks Up BGN 531 M In September